Thursday 17 July 2008

Change of Rota....

Oh dear last night was another night of no stitching.
Firstly we went to the girl's school for "Presentation Evening". Laura was getting a certificate for her effort in German...... Becky just missed out on a Maths one... but she didn't mind. The evening dragged as it was for all Year 9 and 10s so lots of clapping etc. But well worth going to of course, they both work very hard at school.
The one picture is a little blurred as I was too far away but it just shows her receiving her certificate off the Chairman of Governors. The second is her showing it off!!
When we got home I had an email from a new "Family Tree" contact, we share the same great great grandfather..... her ancestor was Walter Freeman's brother (Who I mentioned last week). So I spent the rest of the night in a genealogy mode. I am waiting to hear back from her today, I hope she has some photos to see if there are any family resemblances!
Anyway back to my rota, sorry I have failed....... I have put Lilliput Lane back in the drawer, I just couldn't feel motivated to do it so I have swapped this week's rota to "View from a Terrace". I choose this one as I am half way through and I really want the frame it is on to do D for Dancer on..... so if I work hard on this I can start my new one soon.
To finish here is the card I did for Nicky's birthday, it is a Daisy ABC one again as I love doing these, they are simple but effective. I am a bit bored of them now though as I have done loads...... I also have a tulip and daffodil ABC pattern.... I am trying those next.
Ginnie x

5 comments:

Jane said...

Must have been a proud night for you all.

Tanja said...

Well done Laura, German is a difficult language!

Hazel said...

Congrats for Laura! xx

Julie said...

Well done girls!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congrats to your daughter for her award!

Cute little card!