Wednesday 27 August 2008

Live strong as the mountains

I can reveal Julie's birthday card/gift today as I presented it to her at work this morning ready for her birthday on Saturday.
This is it when I had finished stitching it. I since mounted it in a dark brown square card but seem to have forgotten to photo it then......

I chose the Native American theme as she had expressed an interest in it. I was lucky with the beads and braid in turquoise as it turned out to be her favourite colour. All morning she kept looking at it and admiring it. I am so glad she liked it. The design was one of three out of an old Cross Stitcher magazine (yes I use their patterns alot!) Now she wants me to do the other 2 for her!!

I have just come back from my stitching club and have worked on my View from a Terrace. I am aiming to finish this tomorrow night - no excuses!!!!

A message to my friend Nicki - sorry I have got you hooked on stitching again - let me know which charts you end up buying!!!!!!!

Ginnie x

14 comments:

Ranae said...

Family Tree stitching is coming along great. I was going to comment on that post but then this new popped up.
wow! I love this design and the colours. I would have been admiring it too, if it was sitting right in front of me. Lucky lady!

Julie said...

WOW Ginnie, that is a stunner, no wonder she was chuffed with it. Well done

Samantha said...

That looks great Ginnie! I'm glad the recipient was so pleased :o)

Erica said...

It is beautiful Jayne! I don't doubt she loved it. The colors are really striking!

Jane said...

The colours are great, love the bead details. You are going to be busy

Unknown said...

WOW, What a nice gift. I too love the colors. Do you think you will stitch the other 2 for her?

mrsnesbitt said...

Wow! What patience you possess. The cards I make are of the paper kind!

Came here via Zetor!
hello from North Yorkshire.

Dx

Delphine, Démo Stampin Up! à Lyon said...

I love joan Elliott charts and this one is so beautiful! Congrtats!!!
Have a nice day

Unknown said...

Ginnie, such a beautiful finish/card. I love the beading! Great job.

Gill - That British Woman said...

that is beautiful.....she's very lucky to have you as a friend.

Gill in Canada

glamlawlib said...

Lovely stitching, I bet your colleague was pleased to receive it :)

Barb said...

That is stunning. I'm not surprised the recipient was so happy with it.

The Button Witch said...

thats Stunning Ginnie well done

Dani - tkdchick said...

great card!