Wednesday 6 August 2008

And a bit more progress

I finally got my dark pink thread I needed for my Mom's Sampler, and as you can see it has made a big difference and the stitching seems to stand out more now. I am just working on the sunflower on the right at the moment. I am trying to stitch this between 6pm - 8pm then move onto the Warwickshire Map after that. Tonight has been stitching club though, so it has stayed at home as I take my mom with me!
I just want to thank everyone for their lovely comments again, I always think I pick unusual things to stitch that maybe other people may not like... but it seems lots of you like what I do! I was asked the name of the chart that I am doing for my mom - It is just called Mother's Day Sampler, it was designed by Marie Diaz and was out of The Cross Stitcher magazine back in March 2006.
Last night when I got in from work I had a lovely greeting off my dog, Marshall. He is 14 this year and not as agile as he was, but to my surprise he jumped up on the settee for some love! First time he has done that for ages. I managed to get Stuart to grab my camera and take a picture of us as I can never get a good photo of the dog as he always moves away when he sees the camera.
I just had to show the photo although the dog looks much better than me!!!!!
Now I'm off to do some more of my map, I gave up on it last night as I had to unpick some of the border!!!! So I'll go and try to get it in the right place this time!
Ginnie x

7 comments:

Petra said...

Your pup looks very handsome and cozy laying next to you. Lovely sampler for your mom...sweet.

Tanja said...

What I like about these blogs is that everyone is stitching something different, it's fun to look at and to get ideas.
And I love your stitching!

Wonderful dog!

Tanja

Jane said...

Aww, we all need a bit of loving sometime! It's amazing what difference one colour can make to the look of the whole piece

Rowyn said...

Nice photo of you and Marshall. He looks lovely!

Your Mum's sampler is coming along great. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Annie said...

Such a heartwarming photo of you and your doggie. Glad that camera was at the ready.

Jean said...

Your dog is adorable! I'm always the picture taker and I'm never in any of the shots! I'm glad you got such a cute one - he's a scene stealer, that's for sure.

The pink is definitely adding a lovely dimension to the sample. I can't wait to see your progress on it.

Julie said...

Awwwww what a lovely picture of the two of you.

Mums sampler if growing lovely