Friday 17 July 2009

Henry from last week

I nearly forgot to post my update on Henry and his wives from last week !
I really enjoyed stitching on it again, his sixth wife has many colours in the bodice of her gown which were fun to work on. I also worked on the border again, the red rose is one of about six so I tried to get as much of this first one done as possible.
This week I have started a new piece of stitching, it is a mermaid/fantasy type piece that was in the last issue of World of Cross Stitching. The colours just grabbed me as they are lovely shades of greens and blue, I want to put it in my bathroom. I have enjoyed working on this so much I haven't touched much else. I did start another charity square but gave done very little.
Wednesday night was Presentation Night at school, the one that Laura got an award at but not Becky! Laura was presented with "Achievement in History" one of her favourite subjects and favourite teacher. Becky was ok about it and her head of year did come and chat to her to tell her how consistantly good she was.
Stuart is out tonight as it is end of term, so just me and the girls...... I have done lots of stitching and the girls are watching the TV in peace! Summer holidays are now ahead for the 3 of them, although Stuart is back at school next week for Summer School. Then the week after Becky is doing a Dance Summer School, then the week after Laura is at Brownie camp, then when she returns we all go on holiday..... so lots to keep them busy!!
Anyway hope you all have a good weekend.
Ginnie x

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Henry looks good!

My girls have about a month before school starts back up...I can't wait!

Annette said...

Henry and his wives are looking great.

stitchersanon said...

Beautiul stitching. Henry is really going to have his hands full with that lot...I dread to think what his dress makers bill was, the costumes are so intricate!

The Button Witch said...

henry looks fantastic hun well done
School hols have just started here and ZIve already had enough oh well this time next week Ill be in Wales for 2weeks lol
Love and Hugs Shellie

Julie said...

Nice progress on Henry.

Have a wonderful summer hols all of you.

Jane said...

Great progress, Jayne. enjoy the holidays with the family

TammyK said...

Nice progress on Henry & looking forward to seeing seeing your new wip :o) Wishing you lots of summer fun!

Lesleyanne said...

Henry and his wives are look fantastic - can't wait to see what it looks like with the border.

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Your Henry piece is looking good and I love that border work. CJ ok;-)

Ranae said...

Henry and his wives are looking great.

stitcherw said...

Glad to see Henry again, it's looking great. Your earlier finishing was wonderful too. Enjoy the holidays before school starts up, sounds like you'll all be quite busy.
Sue

Barb said...

Henry is looking great. I love seeing your progress on it.

Sally said...

Henry is looking good Jayne. You're moving along really well with it.

Carla said...

Nice progress on Henry!
Can't wait to see your new start :)

Gill - That British Woman said...

that's going to be good.........


Gill in Canada

Cindy F. said...

Awesome progress!! Great colors!