Thursday 30 July 2009

Cushions

You may have noticed I have gone blue.... got fed up of the orange shades on my blog so had a little change.
So I can finally reveal my finished cushions as they are now in their new home. I saw my friend Aly on Tuesday night and the one was for her and the other for her daughter, Alex.
Firstly this was for Alex, I did show the Groovy Chick stitching a few weeks ago. I found a lovely ready made cushion and unpicked the sides and the ribbon so that I could attach the finished piece. The colours matched perfectly and I was so pleased with it. I heard back off Alex on Wednesday that she loved it and and it was one of the nicest presents she had ever received.
Secondly, I made the Lizzie Kate "Friends are Angels" into a cushion for Aly. Again I bought a ready made cushion then just unpicked some of it to attach the stitching. These cushions were such a good price ready made it wasn't worth buying material and cushion pads to make my own. Again Aly loved it. So two happy people.

I am working on Country Idyll and it is coming along well. Tomorrow evening we are going to watch Becky perform the dances she has worked on at Summer School, then on Sunday night she is in a dance show her friend has organised (the one I have made the Good Luck card for) So I will have to try and stitch in the day time over the weekend.... housework will have to wait!!

Ginnie x

13 comments:

Annette said...

What a great cushions, you have done a lovely job.
The stitchings are so lovely on it.
Great!!!

Julie said...

Beautiful cushions!!

Enjoy the concert

TammyK said...

The pillows are too cute :o)

Jane said...

They are beautiful, love that colour

stitchersanon said...

They are fantastic! How clever of you!

Annie said...

Love they way you finished those. They make the designs go from cute to elegant!

Wendy said...

OMG! How talented are you!!!! These are beautiul! Soooo clever!
LOVE the colours, really, really pretty, Well done you!
Wend...x...

Clare-Aimetu said...

Love the blue :)

and those cushions are just fabulous, clever you.

Sally said...

Your cushions are lovely Jayne:)

Andrea said...

Great cushions.

stitcherw said...

The cushions turned out wonderfully. What a great idea to use the ready made ones like that, I never would have thought of it.
Sue

Daffycat said...

Such sweet cushions! Well done!

Cindy F. said...

You are so smart buying the already made pillows! Both turned out perfect! Congrats!!