1) Cut your backing board, I used Foam Mount I had bought from the craft shop. I cut it just a bit smaller than the opening of the frame as I knew the material would pad it out.
2) Using lots of pins, pin around the edge to hold the stitching in position. (sorry no photos yet got too carried away to remember to take a photo!!)
3) I intended to use just double sided tape to secure the back but the one vertical side had very little overlap (me being skimpy with the aida), so I actually laced the vertical sides together with normal sewing cotton.
4) I did use double sided tape on the top and bottom sides though and then I stuck masking tape around all of the flaps to secure it even more. -
5) The front then looks like this -
I think it looks very professional even if I say so myself. I just need to get some small hooks and string to be able to hang it on the wall, but for now it is ok resting on my shelf!!
This really boosted my confidence and I will certainly do my own framing again. In fact I think I may do Laura's Summer Fairy myself as it has been waiting to be framed now for ages. I have plenty more foam board as I bought a pack of 5! Just getting the picture mounts proves more tricky but of course you don't have to have a mount.
I worked on some of D for Dancer last night, I thought I had done really well until I reaslied the duck I had just finished was 1 stitch too low..... so he had to be ripped out... start again tonight!! I'll post my Family Tree update on my next update.
Happy stitching everyone.