Friday 5 September 2008

Back to school week

It seems to have been a long week, Stuart was back at school Monday but the girls didn't return until Wednesday. This meant a change of routine again and early mornings. So tonight I am pretty tired!! I always like to take a photo on theri first day of term and this is one of this years!! I can't believe they are entering Year 10 and have only 2 years of compulsory schooling left!
I ordered the "Pirates" chart off eBay the other day, while I was browsing I saw a Bent Creek Row chart - Summer Row - with no bids at 99p, so I made a bid and won!! I will save this to do after Christmas in the hope that we have a summer next year. The weather here this week has been awful, so much rain. I have even put the heating on for a while tonight as I was just sooo cold!
I also had another buy earlier this week - see below
Laura and I saw this book in a local shop a few weeks ago and it had some lovely designs in it. The one on the front is gorgeous and there are lots of little fairies, which Laura said she'd like to have a go at stitching one! But it was £12.99 in the shop and I didn't fancy spending that much so when I got home I checked on Amazon and managed to pick up a second hand copy for just under £5 (including postage) As you can see from the picture it is in excellent condition. Not sure which design to start first!!
As for any stitching over the last few days, well I have managed to do some of my Warwickshire Map but the symbols are so fiddly, lots of colour changes, lots of back stitching etc and I have to look at 2 charts at a time to stitch them. So progress has been slow but I have done some. I will update you with a photo at the weekend.
I have still been getting my "Christmas Wish" stitching out occasionally and here is an update on that.
I'm going to continue on my Mom's Sampler tonight but I may not get very far as I think I may be asleep early......
Ginnie x

11 comments:

Ranae said...

Look at those beautiful smiles!!
I have to go now and look up at the fairy book, Thanks! just what I need, lol.

Annie said...

You girls are looking quite preppy! Have fun with that new fairy book.. it's been on my wish list for some time. I have the angels one in that series and it's got some great charts.

glamlawlib said...

Great new school year photo :)

And great e-bay bargains too!

Irene said...

They look excited to be going back to school. Great buy on the Bent Creek and Fairy book.

Julie said...

Your girls look beautiful. Nice book.

Yuko said...

Hi Ginnie,
Your girls are so pretty!
I love to see their photos!

Jane said...

The first week is always the worst, next week will be easier. Don't you just like getting a bargain, you'll both have some fun stitching from the book

Paula said...

Your girls look so happy to be going back to school...lol

What great bargains you got.....
And lovely stitching you have done too...

Happy stitching....

Gill - That British Woman said...

the girls look so grown up, lets hope they'll still be smiling a month down the road when they have homework coming out of their you know what's!!!

I have just done the post on Georgia, but it won't be published until Tuesday, as I have a yummy roast beef and yorkshire pudding recipe post for tomorrow (Monday).

I have finally got a link to your blog on mine as well, sorry for the delay,

Gill

Tanja said...

Ginnie, proud mom of two wonderful daughters, you cannot only stitch, you make beautiful pictures as well!

I just got summer row in the mail this week, and can't wait to start on it. I bought it on Ebay as a kit, and it came with thread and buttons.
Can't wait to start on it, but first I want to finish my seagull and the sweet peas.

Tanja

Jean said...

Hi, Ginny -
For some time I have wanted to comment on how adorable your twins are!! They have the most beautiful eyes and smiles. I'm sure they put you through your paces as they were growing up!!