Sunday 17 January 2010

Mermaid progess

I finally got on my PC to post my updates..... for some reason it is on a mega "go slow" and I think it is on it's way out! Luckily I borrowed my work laptop for the weekend.... but my photos were on the PC!
Becki's interview went well at college, and she thinks she got a place there, but they hadn't received her grades from school, so we have to wait for confirmation in the post. Which is a bit frustrating as most of her friends going there were told straight away. Laura got a letter on Thursday to invite her to an interview on Monday (short notice) so we are all nervous again now for tomorrow.
I am pleased with my progress on Enchanted Mermaid, I can see her being finished soon. Lots of back stitch still to do though!
I also finished my letter B of the Fairy Tale alphabet for the Stitch for Charity group.
Then over the weekend I have done another square for the group for a special quilt for twins. This is the boy one and next I'll do a girl one! I couldn't say no to helping a set of twins!

This week Henry will be out again, and I must try to get some more of the February Flip it done.

Until next time,

Ginnie x

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love your mermaid!

Blu said...

Cute finishes.

Your mermaid looks wonderful! I've been trying to get my hands on that magazine myself.

Lesleyanne said...

Love your finishes. Mermaid is coming along great.

Gill - That British Woman said...

as always such beautiful work, I picked up the December (?) issue #221 of the CrossStitcher on the weekend with the two glamourous ladies on the front. I want to make the Emily Peacock "HUG" cushion, we got the free pattern with the magazine. The magazine cost me $12, which is the equivalent of six pounds, quite pricy.

Gill in Canada

Jane said...

Hope the interview goes well, it must seem they are never ending at the moment. The twins squares will be great

Annette said...

My fingers are crossed for the girls....
What is your mermaid lovely, I love it.
Great job on the squeares...

The Button Witch said...

The Mermaid is gorgeous hun and i love the squares for the forum esp the baby one sooooo cute.
Love and Hugs Shellie xxx

stitchersanon said...

Don't worry too much about colleges. Lots of kids go to 2-3 colleges, accept places at all of them and spend the summer decided which one they actually want to go to only to turn up in September, so even in the unlikely event she does not get a place: this will not be set in concrete lol
(as an ex-college teacher you have my word on this...at the end of the day they need bums on seats).
Good luck though...it should not be so stressful should it!
Lovely stitching as always!

Wendy said...

wauw, you've been busy, they all look great !
is that mermaid a Lesley Teare design ?

Angela said...

Wow you have been busy. Love your mermaid! Hope your daughters interview goes well today.

Julie said...

Great progress and 2 lovely squares
Hope all went well at the interview

Nicola said...

You have two lovely finishes there, and the mermaid is looking gorgeous.

Gill - That British Woman said...

I now know what charity you're stitching for, well done, its a super cause.

Gill in Canada