Wednesday 30 May 2012

Little ballerinas

I have very nearly finished the little ballerinas picture for Becki's dance teacher. In fact since I took this photo at the weekend I now have just the last bit of the curtain left to do. We are going to finish it on a nice ornate hanging, just need to buy that. I think Becki will wait until July when she leaves dancing to give it to Rachel. I have enjoyed doing this and fancy doing the Nutcracker one in the same series.


Here is the card I made for my dad's 75th birthday last week. We didn't do much for the occasion just a take away and a bottle of wine. It was very nice.


Since my last post it has been the girl's 18th birthday too. (see new photo at side) we had a lovely big party and all had a great time. Laura has now finished college and just has to go in for exams and Becki has just 2 more days to go. She is now looking for a part time job for the summer.... not easy though when you have no experience!
I have also taken up a new hobby. Well actually gone back to a hobby I loved before - dress making.
I have dusted the sewing machine out and bought a fancy dress costume pattern. When the girls go to university they tend to have a lot of fancy dress parties, especially in the first week - Fresher's week. So I thought I would get back into machine sewing with costumes first then move onto other stuff for me and the girls. I am doing the cavegirl outfit for Becki first, then the toga one for Laura. So far so good !!!

Lastly I have started a new piece of stitching (yes I know I have many others to finish... but oh well!) This is for Laura. It is from an old World of Cross Stitching magazine that I have fancied stitching for ages. Well now is the time as hopefully when Laura is at Nottingham University she will get the chance to go to Rome in November. So I want to get this done for then. I will just write the year 2012 smaller below the word Rome.


Happy Stitching
Ginnie xxxx



7 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Ballerinas is lovely. Good luck with the dress making. Look forward to seeing your progress on your Rome Stitch. A lovely card for your Dad.

Sew Wilde said...

Beautiful stitching! Can' wait to see the Rome picture. I think it will be fab when done. I sew also and I find it just as relaxing as stitching.

Julie

Maggie said...

Lovely stitching Jayne:-)

I like the Rome stitching you have planned, it will be a great keep sake.

You will soon have an empty nest in which to practice your sewing, until they both descend back on you with all the washing, lol

have fun x

Button Ginger said...

I hope you don't mind, but I would like to add you to my blog roll.

Kaisievic said...

The ballerina stitchery is so cute! Very sweet.

Jeremy & Lois said...

you can get some good cross stitch card kits from www.stitchits.co.uk

Flávia e Cristiana said...

Lindos trabalhos!