Tuesday 9 November 2010

The Flatfold !

Here it is, the attempt at a Flatfold with my Forever Friends Christmas piece. It's not perfect but I am pretty pleased with it. There is just an annoying small blob of glue showing on the top left hand corner!!
Frony view -
And the side view -
And the back view -
My mom bought me the material and I have enough left to do the other Forever Friends Christmas Stocking stitching I finished a few months ago. So I will have matching Flatfolds!
I am in the "Christmas" stitching mood! I have also just completed this Christmas Tree on perforated paper. It is in the latest World of Cross Stitching magazine and will make a 3D card. I will post another photo when it is done.
Otherwise I have been working on some charity stitching, sadly the photos are a bit dark of these so I'll leave them off!
Sorry just a brief post to show photos as I have to go and pick up Becki in a moment from dancing!
Happy stitching
Ginnie xx

16 comments:

Jane said...

Well done on the flat fold, I've only ever done one before. Yours has turned out really well

Ranae said...

Well from here your first one looks great. Such a cute design.

Annette said...

What a beautifull flatfols, you did a great job!!!
Can't wait to see the next one!!
Cute Christmas tree

Jane said...

Congrats on the flat fold Ginnie, it looks great, I'm yet to pluck up the courage to try one but I guess once the first one is completed the next gets easier?
WOW! you completed the tree quickly, I've only just got my copy of the magazine but they do look tempting to stitch
xxx

Cath said...

Your flatfold looks great . If the blob of glue bothers you , stick a star charm or something over it . X

http://ingridsknitting.blogspot.be/ said...

Congratulations Ginnie fold flat, it is amazing!

Belinda said...

Great first flatfold! I've never made one either. Cute design too.

Lesleyanne said...

Congratulations on finishing your first flatfold. Its gorgeous. I love Forever Friends. Can't wait to see what you do with the tree.

Sally said...

Your first flat fold looks fantastic Jayne!

Sew Wilde said...

I love the flatfold. It turned out so nice. I will have to try one of those some time.

Julie

stitchersanon said...

well done...I have never tried a flat fold...might do now though. I think it is beautiful and would never have noticed the glue if you had not mentioned it rofl

Gill - That British Woman said...

I have never heard of that before.

Looks good though,

Gill in Canada

Amalia said...

I love it! I want to know how to make it!

Julie said...

Well done Ginnie, it looks great. I had the same problem with glue, so i stuck a small ribbon bow in the corner to hide it, worked a treat!

Barb said...

What a cute flat fold. Great job on it.

The Button Witch said...

Great stitching hun Hope you are well xxxxx