Tuesday 2 March 2010

Not much stitching progress

Well I would have posted last night but I was so tired I did hardly anything! I had a lovely Birthday on Sunday and a greal meal out with my Aunt and Uncle for their Golden Wedding Anniversary.... but it all caught up with me yesterday. I didn't even attempt any stitching so I must have been tired!

Anyway here is a Birthday photo of me and my lovely girls all dressed up and ready to go out. My top was a present of my mom and dad!! I can't believe they are nearly as tall as me!!
And here is the framed All Our Yesterday's piece I made for the Golden Wedding Anniversary. My Aunt and Uncle really liked it.
We had our last ever School Parent's Evening last Thursday and the girls had a fabulous report as normal. Laura is doing exceptionally well in History (this is the subject she wishes to focus on in college). She was top of her year in their recent mock exams and we were really pleased to hear her teacher say she thought Laura had the ability to go to Oxford University to study History. We were very impressed!! It is now only 17 days until she hears about her place at King Eds...... I am getting more nervous as I hear of more pupils also trying to get a place. I know Laura will be broken hearted if she is not accepted.... but she should be, her grades are very good.
As to any stitching last week, well I was out quite a bit so my stitching suffered. Here is what I have to show for the Christmas Window........ not much more than last time. At least you can see the cute dog emerging now! I really think this will be a 2011 Christmas finish as this rate!

Back to the Family Tree this week, if I ever stop feeling tired.... it is being a year older.... I need more sleep now I am 43!!!

Until next time.

Ginnie xx

10 comments:

http://ingridsknitting.blogspot.be/ said...

Hi Ginnie, I found your blog and I love your work! You make beautiful things and I'd definitely return!

Maggie said...

Happy belated birthday Jayne!
Lovely photo with you and the girls, my Stevie is tall too,
5'9" i have to look up to her!

AOY looks great framed upglad your aunt was pleased with it :-)

stitchersanon said...

A very happy belated birthday. I hope you had a great time. The stitching looks wonderful, and I will keep my fingers crossed for your daughter!

The Button Witch said...

Happy birthday hun
Both your girls as so pretty and so clever too you must be very proud of them.
Love your stitching its looking great
Hugs Shellie

Annette said...

What a lovely photo of you and the girls, they are so pretty...
Happy birthyday!!!

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely photo of you and your girls. Your AOY is gorgeously framed and lovely progress on your christmas design.

Sally said...

What a lovely photo of you and your girls Jayne!

The AOY looks lovely.

Julie said...

Super pic of you and the girls.
AOY is gorgeous, what a lovely gift.

Angela said...

What a great pic of you and your girls. The AOY piece looks great framed up, I'm sure it will be treasured

AnnMcD said...

Ginnie..Happy Birthday...but don't be sweating 43! When you are looking 60 in the face like I am...then you wonder where the years went!!!