Tuesday 18 August 2009

Returned

Hi everyone, I am back off my holidays.
We had a fantastic time, the weather was really kind to us. The only bit of rain we had was on the Monday afternoon and when we were leaving on Saturday. We had 3 glorious sunny days and the rest were dry and warm. The site and caravan were great and we all want to make a return visit.
I will show photos etc about my hols on my next post as I haven't sorted my photos yet. So this post will be a stitching catch up.
I took plenty with me but these are the main 3 I worked on. Firstly here is my Spring cushion I started a few months ago, I want to do all 4 seasons and the first 3 designs have already been published so I better get a move on. You can see the heart shape formed at the bottom. I love the bright colours in this.

Secondly I worked on my Mermaid/Fantasy one. I just love this..... you can see the beginnings of her face and the lovely castle as well as some of the circle border. There are 3 "light effects" threads in this and I usually hate using these but I am getting on ok with them in this.

Then lastly I started Lizzie Kate's September. I was way ahead of time with August but am falling behind on this one. I will try to work hard on it over the next week to get it sorted in time for the 1st of the month!!

My mom used the little bag I made a lot on holiday so I aim to make mine this week. The new Cross Stitcher magazine was out while we were away with a "nautical" free kit on it. So I have also worked on that and intend to use it on a bag. I also bought some light blue spotty material for it. So hopefully I will have that to show soon, shame I'm not by the seaside still to use it as my "beach bag".

Sorry I have not read any other blogs yet, I will try to catch up over the next few days when I have finished all my washing etc.... Oh the joys of holiday return!!

Ginnie x

11 comments:

Jane said...

Welcome home. glad you all emjoyed your time away. Looks like you made good use of the time

Unknown said...

Hi Ginnie,
I enjoy reading your blog. Nice stiching and that good you enjoy your days off Lizette

Julie said...

Welcome back Ginnie, glads you had a nice time and the weather behaved for you.

Lovely WIP's the heart season is lovely.

Angela said...

Glad to hear you had a nice holiday! All your projects look fabulous :)

stitchersanon said...

I am glad you had such a good time and wow...I cannot believe how much stitching you have got done. They all look fantastic!

Felicity said...

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the break. Great stitching, too!

TammyK said...

Welcome back. All of your wips are looking great. Love the colors in your spring cushion :o)

mimimira said...

Welcome back, Ginnie. I'm glad you had a great time!
Wonderful WIPs, the heart is adorable!

Lisa said...

Welcome home from your holiday. I look forward to seeing your photos of your travels. I love the stitching projects that you posted. I, too, love the colors of the Spring Heart season. It is beautiful.
Take care,
Lisa in CA

The Button Witch said...

Glad you had a great time Im bk too but lost my stitching bug somewhere Im sure it will be bk when kids go bk to school
Hugs shellie

Cindy F. said...

Such pretty progress on your wips:)